A variety of pea similar to mangetout in that the pod is edible. However, sugar snaps are bulbous rather than flat, as the peas inside are fully grown. As the name suggests, they are both sweet and crisp, and are best eaten raw, or lightly steamed, boiled or stir-fried.
Highland beef salad
A hearty salad brimming with South-East Asian flavours. Great as a lighter barbecue dish or a quick supper.
Each serving provides 338kcal, 37g protein, 11g carbohydrate (of which 12g sugars), 16g fat (of which 4g saturates), 1g fibre and 2g salt.
- 1 x 300g/10½oz sirloin or fillet steak
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 25ml/1fl oz rapeseed oil
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp palm sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, plus extra for the salad
- 2 tbsp fresh mint
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 1 round lettuce
- 50g/1¾oz sugar-snap peas, halved
- 6 radishes, sliced